Herstory: Colours Of Life

Memories or thoughts shared....

It's common for people to describe me nicely as, "not like anyone else I know".... I have come to happily agree to being a 'freak', hard to describe, or just different.... Imperfection, I see it as something beautiful and honest.... I love what I have become, and have faith in how I will be....

You choose the colours of your life.... Dream. Explore. Discover.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

This Lady Can Dream....

Since I've posted one of my "lists" under the blog "Undressed", I decided to share some more. These ones were written early last year 2005. Notes in this colour were added for this post.


Wildest Dreams List 2005

1. Fly to the moon, walk on it, see Earth in orbit and come back (yes, I do want to come back to Earth)
2. Travel for at least 3 years around the world and be able to afford it, even if I am mainly backpacking
3. Climb all seven continental summits (but Mount Everest instead of K2)
4. Start my own successful business/ foundation
5. Be financially wealthy/ independent
6. Crew for an Ocean Race (sailing) – Melbourne/Sydney/South Africa to Hobart/Melbourne/Sydney
7. Record songs with Bette Midler, Tina Turner, Robbie Williams and Bjork, or back them up during a live concert
8. Have a personal chef, cleaner, driver and stylist
9. Have a house (moderate to small size for family, I don’t like big houses) with a heated lap pool in Switzerland
10. My kitty cat to live with me and stay young (her age now)

** Still pretty accurate.... It'll be greater of course if my sugar was sharing all experiences with me. That would be WILDER!!!


Wants List 2005

1. Tour Africa
2. Tour Nepal/Burma/Myanmar
3. Tour Papua New Guinea
4. Go around the world and visit many countries for at least one year, without running out of money or needing to work (still want to do it this way, but most likely will be doing a continent each trip for 3 months or more)
5. Be financially independent
6. Tour Europe
7. Tour Australia (Done, cant think of a new "want" to add…)
8. My own vegetable patches and fruit trees (mangoes, figs, persimmons, bananas?, etc)
9. To live somewhere where everything I need (e.g. fairs, markets, libraries, parks, shops, restaurants, public transport) is within 5 minutes walking distance or a short public transport ride away
10. A hybrid car like the Toyota Prius or Honda Civic Hybrid (in gold, green and violet chameleon colours) to drive when I feel like a new environment from number 9


Material Wish List 2005

1. Clothes dryer (e.g. Maytag) that keep the excess moisture in a container so I don’t have to worry about air condition while it is operating. I hate waiting for clothes to dry! (Hahahah!!! So funny!)
2. Hybrid car
3. Accommodation (… don’t know what I meant by this???? Do you??)
4. Rich field telescope with as at least 8 inches aperture (I have a childhood fascination for the sky, would love to learn its wonders from SOMEONE whom has a lot of interesting knowledge and experience of it, instead of me just learning it from books)
5. Digital SLR camera (has to be Nikon, I was told...?)
6. Creativ Zen or iRiver (not ipod) with memory to hold movies, photos, music and e-books (sounds like I’d need100gb!!! Hahah! I was obviously preparing for long-haul travel already then...?)
7. Travel, travel, travels!
8. Photography lessons
9. My own swag or one that can fit comfortably my sugar and I
10. Two types of bikes (BOTH LIGHTWEIGHT!! Coz Im always taking it somewhere where I end up carrying it over my shoulder!!): 1st) A midrange (or up) off road bike suited to my height - I spent the money for it on my trip around Australia! I will always choose a new trip/travel over material things. I decided christmas 2005's self gift would have to wait. I could still use either of the 2 hand-me-down bikes for another year! One a little tall which Rob uses, the other a little short, which I use. Hahahah! 2nd) A lightweight, folding travel bike similar to the one I saw used on Amazing Race when contestants where in Japan. I plan to bring it along, if possible, whenever I travel, e.g. work trips, peak hour trains, weekend aways, etc.

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, November 10, 2006 6:46:00 pm, Blogger Rachelle said…

    Hiya Jen! I miss you! :-)

    Yes, you dont need to go to Friendster anymore. Everything will be written here from now on.

     
  • At Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:51:00 am, Blogger jaHnis said…

    hahaha. U really know how to dream yeah... Keep going, imagination is better than knowledge anyhow (well,accdg to Great Genius Scientist Albert Einstein). Imagine what u dream, feel it, love it, like it.... and u will be there and u will have it... .. keep dreaming

     

Post a Comment

<< Home